5 Reasons Why Businesses Fail & How to Stop the Leaks with Brent Garrett of Sirius Plumbing & Air Conditioning in Dallas, TX
Top 5 Reasons Why Businesses Fail & How to Stop the Leaks with Brent Garrett of Sirius Plumbing & Air Conditioning in Dallas, TX
The Successful Contractor Podcast – NEW EPISODE
Brent Garrett, along with his wife Jeni, is the owner and operator of the highly successful Sirius Plumbing & Air Conditioning, which serves the DFW area. The small business owners have the company at $5MM in revenue with more than $7MM clearly in sites. Brent has taken on a new venture—authoring a book he’s titled, “Swirling the Drain: Why Small Businesses Fail and How to Stop the Leaks.” The book is a passion project, as he has a desire to help as many entrepreneurs as possible.
In fact, Brent has been an entrepreneur for more than 35 years, and in everything he’s done, he’s overcome hurdles to find incredible success, including selling a previous business for seven figures. In this interview, Brent outlines many of the core themes in his book, which will hopefully be available in the fourth quarter of 2023. And he’s open and honest about the struggles and now triumphs he’s experiencing at Sirius. In particular, Brent talks about the…
- Five top reasons why small businesses fail, and how to stop it from occurring.
- Difference between owning a job and owning a company.
- Magnitude of hiring properly of hiring, and how Brent approaches it.
- Value of having a plan as the foundation of your business.
- Need to delegate and outsource if you want to rapidly grow.
- Importance of accountability you can only get by surrounding yourself with other entrepreneurs.
- And so much more!